This simulation of the welding process is designed with the student working in a virtual welding room. Real-time movement tracking can be done with the welding mask and torches worn by the student and/or electronic equipment positioned outside. The sensitivity obtained in this follow-up must be as sensitive as necessary to perform the welding process correctly. Sensitivity data is identical to the real source.
While the simulation is running, the user can change the relevant parameters related to the welding process without removing the welding mask. The virtual world that the user sees in the virtual source mask should also be viewed on the monitor/TV at the same time.
- It offers an impressive experience with high-resolution virtual reality glasses.
- It is user friendly. It allows you to use the entire system with a joystick and a trigger on the torches, without a keyboard/mouse and without having to remove the virtual reality glasses.
- It allows tracking of critical parameters (feed rate, orientation angle, etc.) for the welds made, and graphical representation of analyzes such as porosity analysis, penetration analysis, spatter analysis.
- With its instructor interface, different reports are recorded for each student, instructor, class or group, and the training results can be printed digitally or printed.
- At the end of each weld pass, the simulator generates a statistical report showing accuracy percentages for each parameter under control in the exercise. These reports are recorded on the instructor's computer.
- All training can be recorded and later watched by the student accompanied by the instructor. During replay, applications can be viewed from different angles by changing camera angles. This feature is one of the most unique features of ArcPro+ in the industry.
- ArcPro+ detects real-time errors during simulation. Distance, steering angles and speed are controlled. The correct grip and angles are shown to the user with arrow directions. Each exercise is recorded to allow 3D interactive review later.
- The user can freely change the welding parameters (voltage, wire speed, wire angle, etc.) at any time using the joystick on the welding torch.
The welding simulator consists of the following equipment;
- 1 simulation computer
- 1 monitor/TV
- 1 virtual welding mask
- 1 motion tracking system
- 1 welding cabin
- 1 welding table and welding parts
- 1 uninterruptible power supply (used to ensure data and system security against power outages.)
The simulation computer and uninterruptible power supply are placed in a cabinet shaped like a welding machine. The monitor/TV is positioned on the welding machine cabin to provide a suitable viewing angle for the audience, by making the necessary mechanical connections.
Welding simulator control software features are as follows.
- Simulation software enables the welding process in a completely virtual world.
- Simulation software allowed any part or shape to be imported into the virtual world and welded on it.
- In the welding simulator software, the welding process is modeled at a high fidelity level, allowing realistic welding training to be provided.
- It can provide welding training on MIG/MAG arc welding, electrode (SMAW) welding, TIG welding, FCAW-S and FCAW-G flux-cored wire arc welding.
- It supports PA, PC, PF/PG, PE, PH/PJ, H-L045/J-L045, PB, PD, 1F, 2F, 3F, 4F, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G welding positions.
- The software can weld at least 14 different welding pieces in different welding positions.
- Errors made during the simulation are checked in real time and necessary information can be provided to the user.
- It supports both American and European welding standards.
The system is suitable for right or left hand use.
- During the welding process, the student's interaction with the simulation software can be controlled via application interfaces with the button on the welding gun without removing the mask.
- The orientation of the electrode can be selected.
- In order for the theory of the welding process to be learned well, theoretical information about that course should be given at the beginning of the relevant course.
- This theoretical information provides the opportunity to teach the user from the theoretical test section. At the same time, thanks to this feature, the instructor can add questions with visuals to the theoretical test section.
- The software can perform permeation/penetration, pore/porosity and spatter analyses.
- It offers the opportunity to save the trainings, results and analysis on a user basis in the database for later use.
- There is an interactive replay system, the user can replay, pause and rewind the previously recorded lesson.
- The software interface can be used in Turkish, English and other languages depending on preference.
Special Equipment and Features of the Welding Process
It enables the welding process to be carried out in a virtual environment. With the virtual glasses inside, it gives the student the feeling of working in a welding workshop. The welding mask also includes the necessary adapters and cables to connect the virtual glasses to the computer system.
Welding Machine Controls
During the welding process, operations such as course selection and real-time changing of the required welding parameters can be performed by the user with the help of appropriate control interfaces on the welding gun, without removing the welding mask. These operations can be easily performed with the button on the torch.
Motion Tracking System
Precise tracking of the head movements of the user wearing a welding mask enables real-time interaction with the virtual world. Very precise monitoring of the position of the welding gun is very important for accurate monitoring of the quality of the welding process and subsequent analysis. For this reason, electromagnetic measurement systems, not camera systems, were used to track the position of welding torches. The tracking accuracy of the system that tracks the torches is at least 0.2mm.
Welding torches are monitored electronically. Tracking accuracy is at least 0.2mm. The welding simulator includes torches for MIG/MAG arc welding, electrode (SMAW) welding, TIG welding, FCAW-S and FCAW-G flux-cored wire arc welding. The characteristics and weight of all welding related equipment are similar to real equipment. The transition between different welding types allows easy replacement without difficulty, thanks to the easily interchangeable feature of the accessories. Torches have a vibration feature and warn the student with vibration when the student is welding incorrectly.
Welding Table and Welding Parts
Welding mask and torch tracking systems are on the welding table. The welding table is designed to allow welding of at least 10 welded pieces in different positions. The welding table has a height adjustable structure. In this way, different parts can be welded in different positions. There are defined places on the welding table to place the torches.
Trainings with the content described below can be provided.
- Weld deposition on plates in PA position
- Jamb welding
- Joining plates by welding
- Pipe welding
- Overhead welding
- Vertical welding
Quantification and Consideration
The welding simulator includes a reporting module that can produce output in html or pdf formats containing the following information at the end of the scenario. Thanks to this reporting system, registration confusion is eliminated and training becomes more efficient.
- Name of the institution providing education
- Name and surname of the trainer providing training
- Student's name and surname
- Date and time of training
- Total duration of the lesson
- Selected welding process, torch type and welding piece
- Telemetry data of the completed lesson
- Image of the resource for the completed lesson
- Analyzes of the completed course (penetration/penetration, pore/porosity, splash)
USER MANUAL and TRAINERS TRAINING
The use and maintenance manual and training booklets are delivered in Turkish or electronically. Trainer Training will be provided free of charge by us to the personnel who will undertake training duties with simulators in the courses to be organized within the Buyer.